Friday, February 15, 2013

Be Mine, Valentine.



Valentine's Day is a tough holiday. I think we can agree that the origin (Saint Valentine) and the holiday it is today, doesn't quite come together. However, it's kind of one-of-those-things that you either have to ignore it (which is quite impossible), or go with it. So I go with it.

However, I think you can have some fun with Valentine's (or Galentine's) day! This year, a few of my coupled friends found ways that don't break the bank to celebrate, as well as single friends finding ways to celebrate, too!

I hope I don't put anybody off here... but I think this was the best Valentine's Day (in the crossover between the history of Valentine's days and the years of my life). Here's a few reasons why:
  • our first MARRIED valentine's day
  • got to pick out from the "husbands" valentine's cards (warning: they're quite verbose, I prefer simple cards)
  • pink hair
  • three words: bacon wrapped steak
  • another many words: homemade heart-shaped red velvet cookie ice cream sandwiches
  • spent the day with my grandmother (I'm so glad she's back and recovered from the hospital!)



 








 suede zip: Vince, favourite tank: Vince, magenta circle skirt: American Apparel, tights: Bloomingdales, hiker boots: Two Lips via Victoria's Secret, zigzag bangles: Asos, pointed gold bangle: Juillet One Three, Necklace: Cara Couture

This suede jacket from Vince is one of my favourites. First, I love that olive colour, it simply goes with everything! Also, the quality of their pieces is amazing. I also have a leather jacket that is buttery soft, and this suede is no exception. I've had this for a couple of years now, and it still looks just as stunning as it did when purchased.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

MILEX said...

So unusual as I am

Anonymous said...

Discovered your blog through lookbook! You are absolutely stunning! I enjoyed reading your blog! :D

http://monicaharmony.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Thank you very much!